Petroglyphs at Sand Island outside Bluff.
Inside the reconstructed Kiva at Edge of the Cedars Museum/ Park in Blanding.
Jupiter, Venus, and the Moon upside down frown face above a gorgeous sunset at Hovenweep.
Greetings!
This has been a great weekend so far! Yesterday I went to Monticello to get a permit for tree cutting. I can now go cut down a Christmas Tree for our holidays! I then continued onto Blanding where I went to the Edge of the Cedars Museum. It was a really nice museum and they had ruins on site which were small, but interesting. They had a reconstructed kiva you could climb down into (which I did, of course). Then I went to Bluff to see a petroglyph panel. That was fantastic! Hundreds of petroglyphs! Truly amazing.
Today is the coffee-tasting at Let It Grow which I am enjoying immensely. I also ordered a bowl of chick pea and golden spices soup. Delicious. The presentation was so gorgeous, I almost took a picture. I also ran into Steve and Dana while I was here, and we are making plans to hang out before I leave! Overall- a great weekend. I have tomorrow off too, and I plan on doing some house keeping duties and work on my paper before work again on Monday. Jodi and I are trying to get together again as well, so hopefully that will work out. And Mesa Verde is having a luminaire night next week that Julia and I are going to attend. Mesa Verde at night! That should be gorgeous. Figures I actually get a social calendar right before I leave! Oh well. At least it should make the next couple weeks fly by!
Miss you all loads! Keep in touch!
1 comment:
Liz
Sorry to hear about your troubles with gramps. Whom ever said "with age, comes wisdom" obviously never met that guy. Seriously, you will meet people like that, and when you do you just need to move on. I am a beiliver in "help those who help themselves", if someone wants to learn, teach them, if not, nothing you can do will instill that desire in them if they are set against it.
Let me know your schedule. I AM YOUR GODFATHER, and certain perks and privledges come with that, one of the best of which is being able to see by goddaughter at the holidays, and try my best to spoil her rotten!!!
SEE YOU SOON!!!!, Miss you!!!
Love
Tony
Post a Comment