Hello!
I find myself at Let It Grow for the last time before my sisters arrive! This is the first time I have felt sad about leaving this place. I love my coffee/ plant/ arts and crafts/ restaurant/ gardening store! Today I ordered my chai tea (of course!) and their special- Baked sweet potato, black bean, and Cheddar cheese enchiladas smothered in cranberry chipolte sauce served with corn... absolutely delicious. And yes, I just copied that word for word off their special board. I actually walked into Let It Grow today and was surprised to hear a man on a microphone. I walked to the corner to see what was going on and there was a man on a stool with a raven puppet and an assortment of kids gathered around him, hanging on the raven's every word. I realized it was Story Time, a holiday event they advertised. It was quite cute. I had to give up my usual spot to the kids, so I am writing this on their counter overlooking their coffee making area. Ironically, this is the place I sat the first day I came to Let It Grow because it was by the first outlet I saw when I walked in. Now, at my last time here, I find myself in this familiar spot. It is sometimes strange how the world works.
I have a couple of errands to run in town today and then I will head back to Hovenweep. I have tomorrow off too and then just 3 more days of work! Getting through Monday and Tuesday will be near impossible- I will be so excited for the arrival of my sisters! Yay Yay Yay!!!!
We got news yesterday that everything with Todd and his wife Nia went well! They are the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl. Todd should be back at work tomorrow, if the weather is good, so I will stop in so I can see the pictures!
Julia and I made our last type of cookie last night. The anise cookies turned out fantastic! I might make another batch this weekend because they were very easy to make. I am worried about not having enough cookies for all the plates we are making, so I might make some chocolate chip just to make sure the plates are filled... I am my mother's daughter.
I hope everyone is excited for Christmas at home and I can't wait to see all of you! Stay safe and stress-free!
1 comment:
yay yay yay!!!!!!!!! three days!!!!
Post a Comment