Happy Exactly 3 Weeks Until Kate and Bee Come Out!
I am super excited! The rest of yesterday turned out much better then the beginning portion. Julia decided to set up her miniature tree in our front window last night. Of course, the lights didn't work. After a brief discussion, a lot of tools, and a phone call to Dad, we finally ditched that strand and used another. With Christmas music in the background, me with my crayons and markers, and Julia hanging up ornaments on her tree, it was hard not to feel jolly.
Today has been ridiculously slow. The usual brilliant blue sky was obscured by a cover of grey clouds this morning. I checked the condition of the roads, which are much better today, and hiked down to Cutthroat Castle Ruins from the upper trail head. Even though it was cloudy, the views were still outstanding. Both the Abajo Mountains and Sleeping Ute Mountain have a nice covering of snow that contrasts the browns, tans, and greens of the great sage plains surrounding them. I am sure going to miss seeing those mountains every day. I saw a large jack rabbit on the trail as well as coyote and mule deer tracks. It was a good hike. By the time I got back to the VC, it was already time for lunch. Now, it is mid-afternoon, and we have only had 2 visitors! A very slow day. I am crocheting up a storm as well as going through articles for my project on archaeoastronomy.
I miss everyone loads and can't wait till I am back on the east coast! Keep in touch!
1 comment:
happy 3 weeks until i see you!
Post a Comment