Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let It Snow!

Greetings!

Over the past couple of days we have received a lot of snow! It was snowing most of Monday and all Monday night. On Tuesday, I measured 4 inches. We got a little more snow last night, and now it is snowing again! Wow! It is fine for Julia and I, who just have to walk to work every morning, but yesterday Todd and Laura didn't make it in! So it was just me at the Visitor's Center all day! We didn't even get any visitors! Thank goodness Alan was here!

Today is also very slow. Todd is planning on leaving a little bit early and I don't blame him at all. His wife is due on Friday with their baby girl so even without the snow and weather complications, he is a little on edge.

The new volunteer arrived on Monday! His name is Doug and he is from Alaska. He is very nice and it is a shame I will not be working with him longer. But, I am absolutely thrilled to be going home so soon! I can not even explain my excitement for Bee and Kate coming out! I am worried about the weather, though- it better not interfere with their flight!!! They will be here in less then a week (6 days!!)!! Yay!

Other then that, nothing else is new. Julia and I are trying to stay busy. We bake a different kind of cookie/ candy every night, open one of Mom's 12 day presents and one of Grandmom's 10 day presents (which she sent and we absolutely love!!! Thank you Grandmom!) as well as flipping the advent calendar. So far, we have made Pop Pop's raspberry jam thumbprint cookies, key lime thumbprint cookies, grapefruit and lemon candied citrus peels, and peppermint bark. Julia is making sugar cookies today and I will help her decorate them when I get of work. After today, I only have 5 more days of work! Wow! And don't worry, Dad, I will be bringing home samples of all of them... well, I will pack samples in the car... what is left when we actually arrive home will be a different story!

Miss you all lots and counting down the days until I get home!

No comments: