Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We Are!

Hello friends and family!

Everything is going well here. The new volunteer arrived. Her name is Brenda and she has volunteered here at Hovenweep about a year ago. She is in her 30s-40s and her and her husband are very active in the national park service, traveling around when they are not masseuses. She is real nice and we are going to Mesa Verde together on Friday to see the Wetherill Mesa and Balcony House before they close for the season. Julia comes back from her vacation tomorrow, which I am thrilled about. It will be nice having someone else in the apartment again!

I have not been completely alone, though. When I am not at the visitor's center with everyone, I am at home with Peas and Carrots. They are two little rabbits that live around my apartment. Specifically, in my parking spot. When I pull back into my parking spot (not after driving to work, Dad, because I do not drive to work, Dad), one or both of them are sitting where my car should be, unwilling to move. And I see them every morning on my walk to work, which is nice.

We have been very busy here the last couple of days. Today, Brenda and I gave a jump to a visitor in the camp ground (first time I have ever given someone a jump!) Yesterday, we had a group come in and I helped Ranger Todd give a tour to them around the Square Tower Group. We also had a visitor come in who looked exactly like Hodgens from the TV show Bones. He saw that I was from PA, and he said he use to work there.

Me: "Where in PA did you work?"
Hodgens: "A little town in the middle of PA called State College."
Me: "No way. I am a PSU alumni!"
Man behind Hodgens: "Me too! We Are!"
Me: "Penn State!"
Hodgens: "Oh geeze."
Man behind Hodgens: "I was actually a Sophomore when Joe Pa became coach."
Me: "Wow. That's amazing"
Hodgens: "Yeah, it is amazing you are still walking."
Me: "Ok.... So! Hovenweep has 6 sites..."


Never a dull moment. Speaking of Bones, last time I was in town, I finally was able to catch up a little on the Bones episodes so I am only one behind, not counting this week's. I know it is just TV, but it makes my day when I am able to watch my favorite show. Alright, well I better get back to work. Hope all is well! Miss you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so, can i tell you how obsessed i am with bones since we watched part of season 1 before you left? i've been on surfthechannel.com catching up and now i'm going through withdrawl because i have to wait for the newest one to air. this is all your fault.