Happy Friday!
Nothing too interesting to report. I received an amazing box full of Halloween goodies from Suzanne and Bob! Thanks! I have a three day weekend this weekend. I think I might do some local sightseeing. Then, Julia and I have a day off together next week because of Veteran's Day so we are planning a day trip- Canyonlands or Arches. We'll see.
Right now I am in Cortez drinking yummy chai tea, as usual. My drive in was gorgeous. There are still little pockets of snow lining the roads, taking solace in the shade of the juniper trees. As I came around one corner, I was surprised to see a mule deer in the middle of the road. I slowed down and she ran across the road, her 5 friends following her! I yelled out my half open window that they better be more careful, or they'll end up shot! I couldn't believe they were being so brazen, running around roads midday during hunting season. The La Plata, San Juan, and La Sal mountains all have a thick covering of blinding white snow that shines on the horizon like a beacon. Sleeping Ute and the Abajo mountains have a light dusting, just enough to give it color and beauty. It is amazing to see, and I can't stop taking pictures. Being in the shadow of these marvelous mountains is something I don't think I will every get use to.
Dad booked Bridget and Caitlin's flight out here last night! They are arriving around 4:00 pm on the 23rd. I am so thrilled! I can't wait to show them around Hovenweep and Cortez! Yay!!!
I hope everything is going well on the east coast! 7 more weeks till I come home! Miss you all loads!
Pictures:
- Sleeping Ute with snow
- me grilling outside for Philadelphia Day... notice steak slices on grill... I swear I told Chris not to do that...
- Julia and I on the tour through the canyon
- Halloween diner! Notice the green pumpkin stew!
- Hovenweep castle with snow
No comments:
Post a Comment