I can hardly believe it is already November. This past weekend marked my official halfway point in my internship at Hovenweep. Only 8 more weeks and I will be on 70 again, this time going east!
It was sad not being on the east coast for the holiday celebrations. Since Julia and I had no where to go, we didn't dress up as ghostbusters like we had intended to. Instead, I made an amazing dinner and decorated the house. I made a stew inside a pumpkin (thanks to Martha)! It had almost ten different vegetables including celery, peppers (green and red), carrots, corn, green beans, sugar snap peas, and carrots. It also had potatoes and apples. Then I made roasted chicken legs and put them in the top of the stew and put the pumpkin lid on top, so it was quite the display! I served the stew with the chicken and a slice of the baked pumpkin. It was delicious. We also had roasted pumpkin seeds to snack on and I made snakebites- my favorite drink from Ireland- a mix of lager, cider, and grenadine. The blood red drink was poured into goblets I had purchased from the dollar store. The dinner was complete with mock cobwebs, a spooky center piece, candles, our carved pumpkins, and enough spiders, rats, and skulls to go around!
After dinner, we collapsed on the couch in a food coma and watched ghostbusters in honor of our would be costumes, munching on bits of candy and cookies. It was strange not to dress up and go out, but I am glad I was still able to celebrate the holiday in style.
Yesterday, I was a productive twister. Besides cleaning my room, doing my laundry, and preparing for the next week of work like I usually do on my days off, I also cleaned the entire house including the kitchen and bathroom (I even scrubbed the floors!). I also organized my pictures on my laptop and put the pictures I have been printing out in a photo album. I even had time to lay outside in the sun for a little after lunch and get a tan! It was an excellent day.
Julia and I just found out today that we have a day off together next week for Veterans Day. We are excited to travel together again, and are deciding between the possibilities... Needles? Island in the Sky? Arches? I want to go to the Great Gallery, but it is far away and hard to get to, so we will see. That will be on the 13th. I'll keep you posted.
Other than that, nothing much else is new. The weather is still nice here. It is getting cooler at night, and Tuesday night's forecast actually calls for snow! But Todd said he would be surprised if we see that. It will dust the mountains though, and that will be pretty to look at. I miss everyone loads and hope you are all doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment