Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just another day at Hovenweep National Monument

Hi!

Just a little note to say hi. It is only Todd and I at the VC today, so it seems more busy then it is. Also, the durango broke down (there's the government for you) so we have been restricted to the VC and Square Tower Group for today. And an elder hostel scheduled for late this week has been asking for some very specific requests. Basically, they want an entire history of the area, Hovenweep's specific role in the history, with an emphasis on archaeoastronomy and special attention to boulder house, in the form of an oral presentation, while walking over to Hovenweep Castle. And oh yeah- they want it all in an hour. I feel sorry for Brenda. Apparently we are having a couple of elder hostels in this week and neither Julia nor myself will be working. And there is a lot of paperwork that is due soon that Todd and Chris has been busy with. So really, poor Brenda.

Julia and I are using our days off to see Aztec Ruins on Thursday and perhaps do some retail therapy (as Julia puts it) on Friday. I have Saturday off as well, so hopefully I will get to Cortez and upload some pictures from the weekend.

Miss you all loads!

No comments: